The Longhair travels to Perserverance for her daily dose of employee joy and reports that if you are traveling from Uitenhage to Port Elizabeth along the Redhouse Road exercise due caution as you travel over the bridge between the turn off to Redhouse and Swartkops Sea Salt. At present, just opposite the entrance to the salt factory, there are around 10 vehicles stopped at the side of the road. The presumption is that they hit one of the two massive ever present potholes and now have flat tyres.
Employees at Ocean Legacy Marine and surrounds of Oddy Place are unable to get to their places of work as that road is flooded.
Received confirmation that the Chatty Dip area is a nightmare with unconfirmed reports that the Fire Station nearby is flooded.
According to the Longhair, the parking lot at her place of work is not as full as normal which would indicate most people are struggling to get to work today.
The Port Elizabeth Weather Guru has predicted a further 30 millimetres of rain during today but most weather gurus will caution you that it is pretty difficult to predict with any form of great accuracy just exactly what the weather will do in the presence of a cut-off low as we are now experiencing.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020
- Water From Air Project Receives Stars of Africa Award - 23 January 2020