A MyPE.co.za ‘Red Location Museum’ selected video for you:
New Brighton township in Port Elizabeth – arguably the oldest in the country – boasts of a museum that is the custodian of history and rich heritage of the area. The Red Location Museum is home to the painful of memories of forced removals of the apartheid era. It also keeps commemorations of resistance against the draconian laws of the oppressive political system. It is the oldest surviving relocation site in Port Elizabeth, where thousands of native Africans were forced to settle by the colonial government in the early 1900s.
Janine Lee reporting.
|Click HERE to find more ‘Red Location Museum‘ videos.
CLICK HERE to submit your favourite Port Elizabeth video.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- How to get more from your fuel tank – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 October 2019
- Uitenhage News: South Africa Tyre Market Report 2019: State of the Industry, Influencing Factors, Competition, Industry Associations, Competitive Landscape - 14 October 2019
- Working World Exhibition 2020 – MyPR.co.za - 14 October 2019
- Visit South Africa’s stunning Eastern Cape and KwaZulu Natal provinces for a ‘road trip of a lifetime’ – Port Elizabeth in the News - 14 October 2019
- Winds of change for Bafana Bafana – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 October 2019