A MyPE.co.za ‘Red Location Museum’ selected video for you:
New Brighton township in Port Elizabeth – arguably the oldest in the country – boasts of a museum that is the custodian of history and rich heritage of the area. The Red Location Museum is home to the painful of memories of forced removals of the apartheid era. It also keeps commemorations of resistance against the draconian laws of the oppressive political system. It is the oldest surviving relocation site in Port Elizabeth, where thousands of native Africans were forced to settle by the colonial government in the early 1900s.
Janine Lee reporting.
|Click HERE to find more ‘Red Location Museum‘ videos.
CLICK HERE to submit your favourite Port Elizabeth video.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Elderly couple robbed on their farm in Eastern Cape – Port Elizabeth in the News - 29 February 2020
- Datatec unit acquires German telecoms consulting firm – Port Elizabeth Business News - 28 February 2020
- The day Ford put us to work in its Port Elizabeth engine factory – Port Elizabeth in the News - 28 February 2020
- Top Action Sports Event ULT.X Headed For Sun City – MyPR.co.za - 28 February 2020
- SAA continues to trade at the expense of the poor and the hungry - 28 February 2020