From humble beginnings of a R11 000 distribution of funds in 2005 first raised by Ironman 4 The Kidz founders Gary Stephenson and Garth Wright to a whopping R2.5 Million rand this year the charity is benefiting the vulnerable, the poor and the disadvantaged with hope and joy in ever increasing numbers.
The R2.5 Million allocation will flow to beneficiaries countrywide – eleven of whom are non-profit organisations in Nelson Mandela Bay.
The money is raised by athletes wearing neon orange charity vests who have pledged to compete and raise money, contributions from sponsors and members of the public who use the Support a Hero app to donate.
This years contribution by IRONMAN 4 the Kidz brings the total raised for charity to over R20 Million.
The registered Nelson Mandela Bay based NPO’s to benefit are:
- Eastern Province Child and Youth Care Centre
- Khayalethu Youth Centre
- MTR Smit Children’s Haven
- Food Bank SA
- Oosterland Foundation
- uMephi Daleview Foster Care
- Siyakatala Child and Youth Centre
- Barcelona Feeding Scheme
- Kids of Tomorrow
- Mahlasedi Foundation
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 5 December 2019 Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 5 December 2019
- The most destructive mayor in Nelson Mandela Bay’s history REMOVED - 5 December 2019
- Happy 14th Birthday - 5 December 2019
- Awakening the spirit of entrepreneurship in the youth - 5 December 2019
- 08207775555 – the WhatsApp number for MannMade Radio - 5 December 2019