Today we focus on South Africa through a TED talk by Basil Jones and Adrian Kohler, of Handspring Puppet Company. TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues. Independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world.
Port Elizabeth’s local TEDx chapter is to be found here: www.TEDxPortElizabeth.org.za.
In this talk Jones and Kohler highlight the wonderfully life-like Joey, the War Horse, who trots (and gallops) convincingly onto the TED stage. Kohler is originally from Redhouse, Port Elizabeth and his mother was a puppeteer.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- EP Cricket Board to focus on cricket development - 22 January 2020
- Kirsty Iversen at Work - 22 January 2020
- The Market Leader in Medium and Heavy Commercial Segments - 22 January 2020
- Oversight inspection at Jubilee Park Primary, Uitenhage - 22 January 2020
- How to choose the the correct legal status for your business - 21 January 2020