Yours truly remembers vividly being told 20 years ago – on an early morning in the bus on our way to school – by my excited and proud schoolmates at Woolhope Secondary School that they had seen my article in True Love magazine.
More pupils told their “very serious” Deputy Head Boy about that Inspirational Letter he wrote at school afterwards.
In a nutshell, the Proudly South African term was INSPIRED by my APRIL 1996 True Love magazine’s (with Melanie Son-Bala on the front cover) Letter-Of-The-Month WINNING ARTICLE titled; “Be Proud South Africa!”
Expectedly, the Proudly South African Foundation and the status-conscious Doubting Thomases refuted this “coincidental claim”. Eeeeeiiisshhhh
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mighty Warriors boycott camp ahead of Zambia Olympic qualifiers – Port Elizabeth in the News - 25 August 2019
- R13.7 Million on Vehicles – Something not right here - 25 August 2019
- #OLLIMove – A Call to Move from Caring to Doing on World Rhino Day! – MyPR.co.za - 25 August 2019
- Well known SA businesswoman killed in car accident – Port Elizabeth Business News - 25 August 2019
- Riversdale learner dies after falling from skateboard – Port Elizabeth in the News - 25 August 2019