Mosied on over to Google Earth today to see if we could see any discernible changes in the area surrounding the Tank Farm and Manganese Ore supply area within the harbour precincts.
Images available on Google Earth range from 26 March 2004 to 28 January 2011 and present an interesting snapshot of the area through the last seven years. To my eye – and I would presume then to most other normal people’s eyes – it certainly looks like the area has suffered from an increased amount of ore being blown and leached towards Kings Beach.
Is that an underground water source that is leaching manganese ore and maybe even fuel oil onto the Kings Beach sand from the South Western Corner of the Manganese Ore Dump?
Have a look below and let us know if we have reason to be concerned or if we are just seeing “‘n kommunis onder die bed”!
Thanks Google Earth.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Big Wins for Local Engine Plant - 21 August 2019
- Eastern Province in with a Chance - 21 August 2019
- Sowing seeds of success - 21 August 2019
- Exposure of children to domestic abuse and violence increases their risk of perpetrating and experiencing it as adults - 21 August 2019
- Growing SA women entrepreneurs - 21 August 2019