Mosied on over to Google Earth today to see if we could see any discernible changes in the area surrounding the Tank Farm and Manganese Ore supply area within the harbour precincts.
Images available on Google Earth range from 26 March 2004 to 28 January 2011 and present an interesting snapshot of the area through the last seven years. To my eye – and I would presume then to most other normal people’s eyes – it certainly looks like the area has suffered from an increased amount of ore being blown and leached towards Kings Beach.
Is that an underground water source that is leaching manganese ore and maybe even fuel oil onto the Kings Beach sand from the South Western Corner of the Manganese Ore Dump?
Have a look below and let us know if we have reason to be concerned or if we are just seeing “‘n kommunis onder die bed”!
Thanks Google Earth.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Literacy is the gateway to a better future - 20 April 2018
- Diarise 7 April 2019 Ironmen (and women) - 20 April 2018
- FOP no Hindrance to Ciské Faber - 20 April 2018
- Godfrey Sithole – going on to Masters - 20 April 2018
- 52-year old Zenobia Olivier and the hurdles she overcame - 20 April 2018