DHL Express, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Philip Barnard from GIBB, Candice Booysen from Argility, and Vuma Reputation Management are some of the trailblazers in HR, who have been recognised at the Future of HR Summit and Awards in association with Careers24.
These individuals and organisations have implemented strategies and practices that deliver a direct impact on business performance and brought about innovations that set new standards for the HR industry.
“In the working world, you have to keep up with the pace of change, and there are many factors that drive change. Technology and innovation will reshape the working world and this affects people greatly. The Future of HR cares about people and cares about making a difference in the HR industry. The time for HR professionals has come!” – Shirley Zinn, the celebrated HR specialist.
Through communication, employee engagement and benefits, wellness programmes, planning, learning, development, and training, Rand Water has demonstrated excellence in caring as well as retaining talented employees. The organisation has demonstrated its unique and outstanding position as an employer in South Africa, therefore winning the Employer of Choice in a Public Sector Organisation category, sponsored by Public Sector Manager.
Marc Privett, Head of Careers24 said, “It’s been a privilege to be part of this event. The quality of the content of the summit has been world class, and the awards entries of the 2016 Future of iHR is a clear indication that the Future of HR is on the right track.”
For Entelect Software, who’s focus is really aimed at education, walking away as the winners of the Best HR Industry using Technology award, gives extra emphasis to the great initiatives they are involved in. They have great relationships with the country’s top universities where they guest lecture, sponsor specific courses, and offer bursaries to under privileged students via The Entelect Foundation. “Education is a big focus for us. It is a natural synergy as we are constantly looking for the best students to join our graduate programme. But more than that, we believe that this is the best place to invest in the future of our country,” General Manager of Human Capital, Yatish Parshotam. “We are very proud to be able to grow at a rate that has a significant impact on the job market for graduates in South Africa today”.
Hudson Maila, Senior HR Manager at Rand Water, winner of the HR Leader of the Year Award: “In winning this award, I’m challenged to sustain the work and character befitting this category award. I do not believe in perfection for purposes of impression management, but allow the good work and results to demonstrate my contribution and the shared responsibility carried by the entire team around me. I always drum commitment and drive my team not to make empty promises to clients, but action their intentions and deliver business results. In this way, none of them will ever have to justify their roles and existence in the organisation.”
In the category Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, PricewaterhouseCoopers was awarded this accolade because of its organisational culture, effective implementation of inclusive practices as well as the coaching and training given to managers to create a diverse and inclusive environment in the workplace. Taking away their second award for the evening, PricewaterhouseCoopers was awarded Best HR Team of the Year. In this category, the company has shown that it has an eye for sustainability in HR communications, metric and bench-marking, employment solutions while being progressive in remuneration and equality.
This year sponsors include Public Sector Manager, Total South Africa and MMI Holdings, along with SAFM, HR Pulse, InAfrica24.com, South African Business Integrator, Workinfo.com, Management, Sandton Times, and Bizcommunity as media partners.
It is with great pride that Topco Media’s Future of HR Summit and Awards in association with Careers24 announce the 2016 winners:
- Employer of choice: Large Organisation Sponsored by Careers24 – DHL Express
- Employer of choice: Small to Medium Organisation – Vuma Reputation Management
- Employer of choice: Public Sector Organisation Sponsored by PSM – Rand Water
- Best workplace Diversity & Inclusion Strategy – PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Best HR Industry Innovation Using Technology – Entelect Software
- Best Learning & Development Strategy sponsored by MMI Holdings – Bowman Gilfillan
- Best HR Team of the Year – PricewaterhouseCoopers
- HR Champion CEO of the Year – Lynette Magasa from Boniswa Corporate Solutions
- HR Rising Star of the Year sponsored by Total South Africa – Candice Booysen from Argility
- HR Manager of the Year – Hudson Maila from Rand Water
- HR Director of the Year – Philip Barnard from GIBB
Source: Eastern Cape – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Grahamstown News: Makhanda forever! Grahamstown by any other name is just as charming - 21 July 2019
- Uitenhage News: Kite flying at Uitenhage Market - 21 July 2019
- PE Business News: Jobberman’s New CEO Hilda Kabushenga Kragha Shares Experience - 21 July 2019
- King Williams Town News: 3 Bedroom House for Sale in King Williams Town Ext 30 - 20 July 2019
- Mthatha News: Nkonyeni hailed as a pillar of strength to young talent - 20 July 2019