The organisers of the Great Zuurberg Trek are proud to announce the launch of the Great Zuurberg Trail Run, a challenging three-day stage race that covers 60km of the remote Addo region of the Eastern Cape.
A boutique event, the Great Zuurberg Trail Run takes participants through South Africa’s most majestic trails. The route includes exclusive tracks in the untamed wild of Addo, traverses the Zuurberg mountains, and crosses remote sections of SANParks’ Addo Elephant National Park.
Limited to 60 teams of two, the exclusive three-day trail run bases itself at the Zuurberg Mountain Village where participants benefit from luxury hotel or tented accommodation, and fine dining at the race village.
The minds behind the race, Trevor Hayter, Rob Hayter and Siska van der Bijl, have spent a year conceptualising the event to ensure it embraces the sport’s pioneering and adventurous spirit.
“Our passion for the region drives us,” enthuses Siska van der Bijl, Managing Director of Hayterdale Trails. “Runners will pass a 2,000-year-old cycad, run through a beautiful alley of yellowwood trees, and navigate some technical trails. The route is diverse. And our races are unique. We believe our differentiators are our prestigious trails, high-end partners and discerning athletes. Plus our unashamedly luxurious twist.”
Van der Bijl comments on the addition to the race calendar, saying: “A trail run is a natural extension for us. Runners will experience the beauty of some of the most amazing trails in the country previously inaccessible to the public.”
The Great Zuurberg Trail Run debuts June 1st, with entries now open, and starting from R8,000 per team. Visit www.addotrailrunning.co.za to find out more and enter.
Author: Kimberley Clare Ogden
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Crime-ridden Kuyga Primary School burgled seven times in one month - 19 August 2019
- Port: Elizabeth Warren’s attack on the Dakota Access Pipeline is why so many Republicans tolerate Donald Trump – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 August 2019
- The Bosasa Billions: The Watsons and the arson charges – Port Elizabeth Business News - 19 August 2019
- Baby found dumped in bin on Port Elizabeth beachfront – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 August 2019
- Guest review from: Jan Pelser – Featured Blog - 19 August 2019