The Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) will lead a business delegation on an Outward Selling Mission (OSM) to Iran and United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 14-18 May 2017. The mission aims to build on the commitments made by President Jacob Zuma during his visit to Iran and the UAE last year. The visit further aims to expose South African companies to the opportunities in the Middle East market and to deepen bilateral trade and investment relations between these countries.
According to the Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr Rob Davies the OSM also aims to create more awareness of South African goods and services, as well as fostering further interactions and collaboration in these countries.
“The OSM will serve as an ideal opportunity for South African companies to look for export opportunities in Iran and United Arab Emirates in order to export value-added products, and services,” says Davies.
Sectors targeted for the mission are agro-processing, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, automotives and components, infrastructure, water treatment and desalination, chemicals, energy and aviation.
The programme for the OSM will include business seminars, business-to-business meetings and site visits.
Total trade between South Africa and Iran decreased from R27.5 billion in 2011 to R583 million in 2016 due to sanctions.
The UAE is South Africa’s largest export partner in the region. South Africa’s exports to UAE experienced an exponential increase from R8.6 billion in 2012 to R21.1 billion in 2016.
Distributed by APO on behalf of The Department of Trade and Industry, South Africa.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Cricket-Warner says Australia on track for T20 World Cup success – Port Elizabeth in the News - 26 February 2020
- Say Sawabuna To South Africa With Special Business Class Fares On South African Airways – Port Elizabeth Business News - 25 February 2020
- Violence in the house can never be condoned in a parliamentary democracy - 25 February 2020
- Smith, Warner to face Cape Town demons – Port Elizabeth in the News - 25 February 2020
- Suspect’s luck runs out due to the tenacity of Beagle Watch Officers – MyPR.co.za - 25 February 2020