Members of the media are invited to attended a fuel cell bus workshop that will be hosted by the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) in partnership with the German government in Cape Town. The workshop will be held under the theme Fuel Cell Bus – Unleashing Industrial Opportunities for South Africa through a Zero Emission Choice:
DATE: 20-21 February 2017
VENUE: South African Renewable Energy Technology Centre (SARETEC), Sacks Circle, Bellville, Cape Town
The purpose of the workshop is to provide a platform where South Africa can learn from the German experience with the successful roll-out of fuel cell bus pilots in various cities. Experts from Germany involved in clean transport solutions will participate in discussions on topics such as the state of play of fuel cell buses, policies and programmes that support this technology, lessons learnt from current zero emission bus deployments, and brainstorming strategies to encourage adoption and deployment in South Africa. Key stakeholders in the South African bus transportation and mining industries, as well as government will attend the workshop.
RSVPs should be directed to Bongani Lukhele via email: BLukhele@thedti.gov.za or telephone 079 5083 457.
Distributed by APO on behalf of The Department of Trade and Industry, South Africa.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Cops seize fong kong goods! – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 November 2019
- Portfolio committee on Public Enterprises welcomes Eskom roadmap to reform – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 November 2019
- Giants and Blitz seek to keep MSL momentum going – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Meet the accountant of the future - 20 November 2019
- Support Small Business in the Biggest Way Possible this Festive Season. Shop There. – MyPR.co.za - 20 November 2019