Over the last two weeks some residents in the Nelson Mandela Bay (NMB) municipal water distribution area have been experiencing discoloured water. The NMB Municipality wishes to apologise to all customers for this inconvenience.
Since about two weeks ago the NMBM has increased its chlorine dosing levels, as is the norm this time of each year when warmer temperatures are being experienced and to control bacteria levels. This and increased water demand could have contributed to the colour problem of the water.
From inspections carried out it appears that the water colour has settled and the only isolated problems are being experienced with burst pipelines.
The NMBM wishes to assure its residents that the water is safe to drink.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Second Time in a Row For South African Lifesaving National Championship - 24 March 2019
- Please heed the call – let there be water for all - 22 March 2019
- Municipality to Accelerate ATTP - 20 March 2019
- Libraries should be the nucleus of communities as centres of knowledge - 15 March 2019
- Cleaning up ahead of 8 May - 12 March 2019