Thabo Makhetha is a South African fashion designer and founder of the eponymous fashion label Thabo Makhetha. Thabo was born in Lesotho and she grew up in Johannesburg and various other cities such as Mafikeng, Pietermaritzburg, Cape Town and now Port Elizabeth. These vibrant cities have contributed to the many diverse influences found in her style and clothing. Makhetha completed her National Diploma in Fashion Design at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. Her eastern-inspired final year range was awarded the coveted Most Creative Range Award. Makhetha founded her fashion company, in 2009, as a wide-eyed 21-year-old graduate. Her creativity and ethnic-inspired designs have helped her grab the attention of a fashion conscious clientele and garnered numerous awards. In her own words, “to own a Thabo Makhetha garment is to make the statement, I’m beautiful, I’m sophisticated… I’m African!”
Contact details here: Thabo Makhetha Designs.
Have a look at a sample of our advertisers:
CLICK HERE to publish your Movers, Shakers, New Appointments and Achievements – it could be a new contract, a new appointee, a promotion, an anniversary or just something great you want to share with the Port Elizabeth and Nelson Mandela Bay community.
Book an exclusive feature on your business here (It will contain far more info and images than this teaser):
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Siya Kolisi thanks South Africa for “unbelievable support” on Trophy Tour - 11 November 2019
- Home Affairs relaxes travel requirements for child tourists - 11 November 2019
- R1.2 Billion Investment into next generation bakkie - 11 November 2019
- Alumni celebrated at 10th annual awards - 11 November 2019
- Bloody Hell Springboks – Why is (some of) PE so Miff Wiff You? - 11 November 2019