The Cluster Commander of the Cradock Cluster, Brigadier Madoda Zamkana today congratulated the Cradock Detectives and Cradock Crime Intelligence Unit, following the arrest of 2 male suspects in connection with the illegal possession of firearms and ammunition. Ten firearms, ammunition, laptops and other household items were recovered in a dwelling in Bedford through intelligence on the evening of 3 April 2016. The property was stolen on the farms Modderpoort and Tarka Traning Farm between 24 and 27 March 2016. The value of the recovered property is estimated at R300 000,00.
“I congratulate the team and further urge them to continue with their dedication. May this be a warning to all criminals that the SAPS do not look at the arms of the clock or at the days on the calendar when we do our work. We will not rest until we bring all perpetrators to book. I am confident that more arrests are imminent” added Brig Zamkana.
The two men are still in police custody and are expected to make their first court appearance in the Cradock Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday 6 April 2016. They face charges of Housebreaking and Theft and Possession of illegal firearms and ammunition.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Nelson Mandela Bay River Mile - 20 February 2020
- This Week’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 AND a Bit - 20 February 2020
- Guess Who Turns Two This Month? - 19 February 2020
- IRONMAN 4 the Kidz has made 2020 their year to make a significant difference - 19 February 2020
- SA’s average dam levels increase - 19 February 2020