The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality advises that, due to the water-logged soil conditions following the recent heavy rains, two municipal cemeteries, namely the Forest Hill and Paapenkuils Cemeteries, will be temporarily closed for a period of approximately six weeks, until water levels have subsided. During this period, the Forest Hill Cemetery, which is an open (active) cemetery, will be closed for both burials and reburials, while the Paapenkuils Cemetery, which is a closed cemetery where no burials occur, will be closed for reburials.
Residents are reassured that, during this time, they may still visit these cemeteries and the graves of their loved ones.
The Municipality expresses its regrets for any inconvenience caused.
Editors Notes: You have been warned – I can just see what you want to say in the comments section, don’t do it, move on …..
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019
- No Payments Made to Afrisec - 29 July 2019