Tegeta notes media reports regarding an application issued by Barloworld against Optimum Coal Mine (Pty) Ltd (“Optimum”).
Following its purchase of Optimum in April this year, and whilst Optimum was still in business rescue, Tegeta inherited a disputed balance with Barloworld.
Optimum has instructed its bankers to settle the balance (under protest) and insisted on delivery of all supporting documents and invoices to substantiate Barloworld’s claim.
Payment was made on 26 October 2016.
Given the above, Tegeta and Optimum expect Barloworld’s application to be withdrawn.
Distributed by APO on behalf of Tegeta.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Alex Concert Band 2013 – October [video] - 25 May 2019
- Makhanda News: Fela in Versace: how popular culture is driving 21st century pan-Africanism - 25 May 2019
- PE Business News: 3 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in St Georges Park - 24 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Woman, boyfriend gruesomely murdered in Mthatha - 24 May 2019
- King Williams Town News: Long term forecast forKing Williams Town, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 24 May 2019