Port Elizabeth: Gelvandale Detectives arrested a 61-year-old tavern owner on charges of murder and attempted murder after a shooting at a tavern in Korsten on Fathers Day 18 June.
According to police information, at 00:35 the deceased 28 year old – Vuyolwetu Mahili, and his friends were drinking at a tavern in Korsten, Port Elizabeth when he got into an argument with the owner of the tavern. The owner requested the deceased to leave the tavern when an altercation ensued and shots were fired. The deceased died on the scene. A 14-year-old boy, the son of the tavern owner was also injured during the shooting and sustain a wound to his neck, he was taken to hospital for treatment.
The suspect will appear in the New Law Magistrates’ Court on today – Monday 19 June 2017.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Three day-old Baby Girl found abandoned in Kwadwesi - 18 October 2017
- Our oceans are under attack - 18 October 2017
- New Additions to Southern Kings Pro14 Squad - 18 October 2017
- Shaun Uys honoured in CEO Today Africa Awards - 18 October 2017
- Business Chamber challenges 2018/19 electricity tariffs - 18 October 2017