Port Elizabeth: Gelvandale Detectives arrested a 61-year-old tavern owner on charges of murder and attempted murder after a shooting at a tavern in Korsten on Fathers Day 18 June.
According to police information, at 00:35 the deceased 28 year old – Vuyolwetu Mahili, and his friends were drinking at a tavern in Korsten, Port Elizabeth when he got into an argument with the owner of the tavern. The owner requested the deceased to leave the tavern when an altercation ensued and shots were fired. The deceased died on the scene. A 14-year-old boy, the son of the tavern owner was also injured during the shooting and sustain a wound to his neck, he was taken to hospital for treatment.
The suspect will appear in the New Law Magistrates’ Court on today – Monday 19 June 2017.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Are you up! for a speed challenge? - 16 August 2017
- If the Cold Snap and 148.9 mm Rain fills our dams then Bring It On! - 16 August 2017
- Forcing transparency and accountability in municipalities - 16 August 2017
- Southern Kings retain Deon Davids for Guinness Pro14 - 15 August 2017
- The Economic Impact of the Springboks test could be North of R150 Million - 15 August 2017