Port Elizabeth: Gelvandale Detectives arrested a 61-year-old tavern owner on charges of murder and attempted murder after a shooting at a tavern in Korsten on Fathers Day 18 June.
According to police information, at 00:35 the deceased 28 year old – Vuyolwetu Mahili, and his friends were drinking at a tavern in Korsten, Port Elizabeth when he got into an argument with the owner of the tavern. The owner requested the deceased to leave the tavern when an altercation ensued and shots were fired. The deceased died on the scene. A 14-year-old boy, the son of the tavern owner was also injured during the shooting and sustain a wound to his neck, he was taken to hospital for treatment.
The suspect will appear in the New Law Magistrates’ Court on today – Monday 19 June 2017.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Hello! It’s Me - 25 May 2018
- Whack, Wiggle, Win - 25 May 2018
- Sustainable Investment Promotion – Best practices from the World to South Africa - 25 May 2018
- Senior appointments for Handley and Searle - 25 May 2018
- Consumers cautioned against excessive spending as repo rate remains unchanged - 25 May 2018