GoPro time lapse from the 4th and final race sailed on Wild Thing (Russel Morgan) in ABYC Week 1 to 4 May 2014.
The Algoa Bay Yacht Club‘s annual prestige regatta was sailed in Port Elizabeth, South Africa in very light conditions and produced a first in that not one race was sailed over the entire course. Four races were shortened and two abandoned as the fleet struggled in extremely light conditions – http://abyc.co.za/another-first-for-abyc/
In this recording you will see a bit of argy bargy towards the 12 second mark as Wild Thing starboards Orion (Kerry Bonnage) who starboards Unmatched (Graham ‘Weather Mark Wentie’ Wentworth).
Unmatched proceeds to foul Orion, bump Malgas (Tony Bailes) and then get tethered to the weather mark – earning enough penalties to make any crew dizzy!
Submit your favourite Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch videos for consideration for publication on MyPE by filling in the form below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Muhammad Kizito: It was a bittersweet victory – Port Elizabeth Business News - 24 August 2019
- ‘Only more to come from Damons’ – Port Elizabeth in the News - 24 August 2019
- All the Friday night winners announced! – Port Elizabeth in the News - 24 August 2019
- HP Business Inkjet 2800 printer – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 August 2019
- Air Mauritius partners with SA to launch pilot academy – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019