This weekend sees the start of the beach season with the aQuellé Ocean Racing Series getting underway on Sunday at Hobie Beach.
The aQuellé Ocean Racing Series kicks off on Sunday 16th October as Africa’s largest family beach event offering something for the whole family with its 7 simultaneous events on alternate Sunday mornings at Hobie Beach in Port Elizabeth.
Three beach events available include a 5km Beach Run, 5km Beach Walk and a Kids 12 years and under 1km Beach Run and these complement the ocean swim events which this year include a 400m, 1km, 2km and 3km swim all taking place at the same time.
The Ocean Racing Series lucky draw prize giving on the beach immediately after each race day has also drawn a lot of attention over the past years with some fantastic prizes. For the kids 12 years and under a prize giving takes place at 10am and this is followed by the adult prize giving which this year sees a R1,500 cash lucky draw prize each race day.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Ulster will meet this Isuzu Southern Kings Team - 22 March 2019
- Links to ALL 48 Parties contesting the 2019 South African Elections - 21 March 2019
- #FightRacism on Human Rights Day and Every Other Day - 21 March 2019
- R70.9 million committed to support black-owned companies - 20 March 2019
- Give Your Home a Bit of Hygge - 20 March 2019