Lauren McNish has progressed through the agency ranks and has been appointed as Business Group Head.
Joining Boomtown as in intern in 2013, Lauren McNish has progressed through the agency ranks and has been appointed as Business Group Head.
“I persevered to get my foot in the door at Boomtown, starting out as an intern during my holidays with the hope of full time employment. I set my sights on this position from day one and gave it my all to get to where I am. What an incredible journey it has been! I’m thrilled to be co-leading a team of business and creative people to grow our client’s brands from strength to strength through team work and being passionate about what we do”, comments McNish.
In her role, she will manage a team of business executives, as well as creatives for a group of agency clients. “Working with FMCG brands such as Flying Fish has been an exciting space for me and growing with the client has been a recent career highlight for me,” adds McNish.
With four of the six agency group heads being female, the lean to female leaders is unusual for the advertising industry. “Senior agency position primarily sees men sitting in the roles,” adds Boomtown MD, Andrew MacKenzie. “So to add Lauren to the senior client team is one step we as an agency are hoping the industry will follow in.”
Submitted by: Kimberley Clare Ogden on behalf of Boomtown.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 4 Bedroom House For Sale in Walmer, Port Elizabeth for R4 250 000 [video] - 16 February 2019
- Makhanda News: 2,000 students across SA to be awarded CETA bursaries - 16 February 2019
- Guest review from J. Mafukati. – Featured Blog - 15 February 2019
- Bhisho News: Opposition rips into EC Premier Phumulo Masualle’s Sopa ‘whitewash’ - 15 February 2019
- PE Business News: Isuzu trucks in successful relocation to new premises - 15 February 2019