Port Elizabeth: Yesterday at about 10:15 am, the Provincial Gang Investigation Unit arrested a 24-year-old suspect at his house in Helenvale for the alleged shooting of a 14-year-old boy.
It is alleged that on 18 March 2017 at about 10:00, a 14-year- old teenager was walking towards Fitchard Steet with a friend when they heard the sound of a gunshot. As the boys started running, the victim felt a burning sensation in his back. He ran into a house in Old Standford Road. He sustained a gunshot wound to his back. He was taken to hospital for treatment. The injured teenager is an innocent person and the incident is not gang related. The suspect will appear in court on Wednesday, 22 March 2017.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Colchester school children sent home to use toilets during school hours - 24 March 2017
- Over 30 Students benefit from #Trailblazing - 23 March 2017
- First Time Captain to Lead Southern Kings Against Lions - 23 March 2017
- A Salty Artist who has Never Seen the Sea - 23 March 2017
- Port Elizabeth border police confiscate R1 Million in undeclared liquor - 23 March 2017