Port Elizabeth: Yesterday at about 10:15 am, the Provincial Gang Investigation Unit arrested a 24-year-old suspect at his house in Helenvale for the alleged shooting of a 14-year-old boy.
It is alleged that on 18 March 2017 at about 10:00, a 14-year- old teenager was walking towards Fitchard Steet with a friend when they heard the sound of a gunshot. As the boys started running, the victim felt a burning sensation in his back. He ran into a house in Old Standford Road. He sustained a gunshot wound to his back. He was taken to hospital for treatment. The injured teenager is an innocent person and the incident is not gang related. The suspect will appear in court on Wednesday, 22 March 2017.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Springbok Home Test headed for Port Elizabeth - 23 June 2017
- NMB Taking Steps to Curb Network Losses and Illegal Electricity Connections - 22 June 2017
- MBDA welcomes another clean audit for 2015/16 financial year - 22 June 2017
- Expletive Free Insults - 22 June 2017
- Refentse Morake - 22 June 2017