Port Elizabeth: Yesterday at about 10:15 am, the Provincial Gang Investigation Unit arrested a 24-year-old suspect at his house in Helenvale for the alleged shooting of a 14-year-old boy.
It is alleged that on 18 March 2017 at about 10:00, a 14-year- old teenager was walking towards Fitchard Steet with a friend when they heard the sound of a gunshot. As the boys started running, the victim felt a burning sensation in his back. He ran into a house in Old Standford Road. He sustained a gunshot wound to his back. He was taken to hospital for treatment. The injured teenager is an innocent person and the incident is not gang related. The suspect will appear in court on Wednesday, 22 March 2017.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Ramaphosa fires a salvo into one of Zuma’s biggest corruption camps - 22 January 2018
- Study finds corruption hurts local R&D and innovation - 22 January 2018
- Microplastic Particles Reach Antarctica - 22 January 2018
- Manganese Ore Dust Pollution – Monday 22 January 2018 - 22 January 2018
- Bigger and Better BUT at the Same Price - 22 January 2018