Gardens and Spring Rose continued to impress in the second round of the Eastern Cape Super 12 club rugby competition to confirm their status as favourites from their groups to qualify for the play-offs.
Spring Rose were always set for a tight match against Uitenhage rivals Progress, and so it proved, but Rose enjoyed a slight edge to run out 13-5 winners.
Gardens showed they could also win away from home, adding to their win in the first round over East London Police by defeating Buffaloes 30-17.
The EL Police outfit bounced back from their opening defeat with a solid 36-21 win over Grahamstown Brumbies, while Park gave Alexandria team Trying Stars a wake-up call with a an emphatic 46-6 win at Park.
The results were: Park 46 Trying Stars 6, Spring Rose 13 Progress 5, Gardens 30 Buffs 17, EL Police 36 Brumbies 21, Walter Sisulu University 38 Breakers 10, Berlin Tigers 15 Winter Rose 12
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Murder suspects arrested in Walmer - 5 April 2020
- Lockdown sees a decrease in serious and violent crimes - 5 April 2020
- Willowvale police investigate murder case - 5 April 2020
- Anti-Gang Unit arrest attempted murder suspect in Bethelsdorp - 5 April 2020
- It has to be said - 5 April 2020