We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Swimming Gold for Ashton Volkwyn - 21 March 2018
- Southern Kings have a Top Performer - 21 March 2018
- Veeplaas Female Arrested with R100K of Stolen Goods - 21 March 2018
- Heads Up MBDA – What if gentrification was about healing communities instead of displacing them? - 21 March 2018
- Team: Southern Kings vs Benetton Rugby - 21 March 2018