We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Angels Smiles on Route 67 ambassador - 20 January 2017
- NMMU accumulated 2016 fees debt stands at R142.6-million - 20 January 2017
- Utyalo Mali - 20 January 2017
- AENP Visitor numbers increase by 11% - 19 January 2017
- Thank You Germany, UK, Netherlands, France and others… - 19 January 2017