We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Welcome to the idiot club Renaldo Gouws - 28 March 2015
- A great Video promoting Port Elizabeth and Sailing - 28 March 2015
- South Africans have a great ‘Can-Do’ Attitude - 28 March 2015
- What Port Elizabeth Blogs say on 27 March 2015 - 27 March 2015
- Automotive Chair support extended - 27 March 2015