We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 2017 Exporter of the Year! - 22 August 2017
- Tackle the city for charity - 22 August 2017
- SCOTY 2017 – How to Enter - 22 August 2017
- Campanile Opening Hours - 21 August 2017
- Phase Two of the Nooitgedagt Water Treatment Works Officially Commissioned - 21 August 2017