We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Children’s Holiday Workshops - 28 June 2017
- Commuters have been relieving themselves behind food stalls at Port Elizabeth’s Crossroad Taxi Rank - 28 June 2017
- Great Support for Night Relay - 28 June 2017
- Braaivleis, Music, Sunny Skies and Wildsfees - 28 June 2017
- EP Kings Team for Rugby Challenge Quarter Finals - 28 June 2017