We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Port Elizabeth in the News on 12 December 2013 - 12 December 2013
- Athenaeum hosts acclaimed New Brighton artist’s first solo exhibition in 15 years - 12 December 2013
- A small challenge from ABYC - 12 December 2013
- SA Rugby Player of the Year Awards - 12 December 2013
- Uniting young children and building a nation - 12 December 2013
These businesses support MyPE:
MyPE supports PE business: