We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Eastern Province vs Namibia - 11 December 2013
- Race no issue in rates boycott - 11 December 2013
- Port Elizabeth in the News on 11 December 2013 - 11 December 2013
- US Ambassador acknowledges great achievements and growth potential in South Africa - 11 December 2013
- What Port Elizabeth Blogs say on 11 December 2013 - 11 December 2013
These businesses support MyPE:
MyPE supports PE business: