We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Will we hear; “Next Stop after Cabo Verde is Nelson Mandela Bay”? - 18 September 2019
- Celebrating Kazeka Kuse - 18 September 2019
- Cycling Thugs - 18 September 2019
- 31-year-old woman found dead with stab wounds - 17 September 2019
- Ferrari For the Kids - 17 September 2019