We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Locally developed low-cost Salutaris bag mask ventilator - 8 April 2020
- A ‘War’ that Old Men Cannot Escape Fighting in - 7 April 2020
- Municipalities warned against cutting water to residents - 6 April 2020
- Create the space to implement positive outcomes in the midst of a global pandemic - 6 April 2020
- Murder suspects arrested in Walmer - 5 April 2020