We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- ‘Mike Rossi Project’ Jazz Concert in Port Elizabeth - 25 April 2017
- SABC should fire Hlaudi now - 25 April 2017
- Team Ubhejane enter Expedition Africa 2017 - 25 April 2017
- Please Donate – Blood Stocks are Critically Low - 24 April 2017
- ‘Sort Of’ Injury Free Kings hit the ground running - 24 April 2017