We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Port Employees Clean Up - 19 July 2018
- The kind of fashion bargain that makes me smile - 19 July 2018
- Thornhill Couple Robbed - 19 July 2018
- Commercial Road Cash Crusaders Robbed - 19 July 2018
- Shocking Surveillance Economy – Your Most Intimate Actions Spied on - 19 July 2018