We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 5.23% Eskom increase a bittersweet victory - 16 December 2017
- Business Chamber welcomes Nersa decision - 16 December 2017
- Transgivers generate toys for joy this Christmas - 16 December 2017
- Use less than 40 Kilolitres per month or else… - 16 December 2017
- Feya Faku heads home with top Swiss Drummer Dominic Egli and Plurism - 15 December 2017