We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Over 30 Students benefit from #Trailblazing - 23 March 2017
- First Time Captain to Lead Southern Kings Against Lions - 23 March 2017
- A Salty Artist who has Never Seen the Sea - 23 March 2017
- Port Elizabeth border police confiscate R1 Million in undeclared liquor - 23 March 2017
- VSP? Huh? - 23 March 2017