We are looking for a certain standard and provide these handy hints to help you:
- Answer the 5W’s and 1H: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Be objective (keep opinions and ‘flowery language’ out of the story).
- Get your facts right.
- Don’t plagiarise.
- Give credit where it is due.
- Cite references.
- Provide URL’s so that your readers can discover more.
- Rather be accurate than first.
- Start with the most important facts first and follow with supporting information.
- Don’t copy and paste your press release from word processing software – use notepad or other.
The press releases that gain the most attention adhere to the above guidelines, are entertaining and are NOT pure sales pitches.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Dear Mayor Bobani – Is Your Statement a Bunch of Porky Pies? - 19 September 2018
- Blockading Taxi Takes a Shotgun Round - 19 September 2018
- Big tests for Kings and Cheetahs - 19 September 2018
- The key to solving SA housing challenge - 19 September 2018
- A First for Port of Ngqura - 19 September 2018