SARS IT Chief Mmamathe Makhekhe-Mokhuane made a boo boo of epic proportions in an interview on SABC.
Makhekhe-Mokhuane first made headlines after an interview with Sakina Kamwendo on SABC’s Morning LIVE went viral.
She was asked about IT restructuring but spoke about bursary programmes and then asked for “protection from yourself.”
Social Media has been having a field day saying that Makhekhe-Mokhuane was wooden, stupid and not worthy of employment at SARS in that position – of course with all the racist undertones NOT helping matters at all.
Think on this, though:
- Makhekhe-Mokhuane’s first language is not English
- Makhekhe-Mokhuane is patently unable to operate in an interview
- Makhekhe-Mokhuane is clearly qualified to do some form of IT as she has several Information Technology diplomas from a number of Institutions as well as a MBA from the University of North West.
- Mmamathe started her career as a computer specialist in 1992 and progressed to the role of Director: Networks in the Department of Finance and later became Chief Information Officer of several institutions like the Department of Transport, Department of Communication and the Department of Water and Sanitation.
- Mmamathe holds several professional memberships and was appointed by the Minister of Public Service and Administration in consultation with cabinet as a non-executive member to the Board of Directors of the State Information Technology Agency for a period of three years.
- Most nerds are unable to function one on one in any interview.
Surely SARS knew that Mmamathe was unable to function as the ‘public face’ of the institution.
So, why, for the love of a stable rand and South African Revenue Service did SARS throw her under the bus.
It could cost up to about one-billion rand to fix the South African Revenue Service’s IT infrastructure. This follows the halt to the SARS modernisation programme abruptly in 2014. This after suspended commissioner Tom Moyane took over. Sakina Kamwendo interviews SARS Chief Officer for Digital and IT Mmamathe Makhekhe-Mokhuane.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Time to sort this Red Location Museum ‘MESS’ out once and for all - 18 January 2019
- POPCRU on #Bosasagate - 18 January 2019
- That I could be Good Enough to live as long as the co-inventor of the Lithium-ion battery - 18 January 2019
- Fishing Trawler Assisted in Big Seas - 17 January 2019
- Toyota Cheetahs team to face Isuzu Southern Kings - 17 January 2019