The NMMU released this statement earlier today:
The main springboard for the student attacks is from the Madiba Shirt area and has moved from the back of the university towards the front of South Campus.
Police are on the scene. North Campus has been secured. At least eight cars have been stoned.
Traumatised staff and students are encouraged to make use of the counselling services available at North Campus’s HR Department.
Cars should not enter South Campus for now.
Editor: In my day this headline would have read ‘Stoned on Campus’
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kiwi Coach, Wayne Taylor, Links up with Kings - 24 June 2019
- Sing with me; “Ginger, Ginger, Gingerbread Man” - 24 June 2019
- Ronet First for Horses Cape Classic - 21 June 2019
- Young Uitenhage Learners Receive Entrepreneurial Training - 21 June 2019
- Whale Watching With Haley Findlay - 20 June 2019