Members of Public Order Policing (POP) Cradock, in conjunction with Crime Intelligence have arrested a 33-year-old male after he was found in possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunition and suspected stolen property to the value of R100 000,00 at a residence in Lingelihle, Cradock on 8 May 2016.
Information was received about the alleged stolen firearm and stolen property. When officers arrived at the house where they found the man, the members with a search warrant, conducted a search at the premises and the firearm, ammunition and stolen property to the value of R 100 000,00 were found inside the house.
The suspect, aged 33, will appear before the Cradock Magistrate’s Court on 10 May 2016 on a charge of possession of unlicensed firearm and ammunition and possession of stolen property.
Brigadier Madoda Zamkana, Cluster Commander of the Cradock Cluster, has reiterated that the SAPS are committed to fighting crime and in ensuring that members of our communities are and feel safe. He commended the members for their good work and encouraged the community to come forward and report criminals. Information may be reported anonymously on 08600 10111. All information reported to the police will be treated as strictly confidential. Be the eyes and ears of the police and together we can make our communities safer.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Search underway for more Ngcobo cop killers - 25 February 2018
- Just before the start of the Chippa United vs Pirates game in the Absa PSL - 25 February 2018
- What a way to spend a Sunday - 25 February 2018
- You’ve changed my life. You made my dreams into reality. - 25 February 2018
- Kani Celebration: The Revolution Will not be Televised, The Revolution Will be Live - 24 February 2018