Due to the sticky matter of the municipal strike that commenced last Thursday, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality has no choice but to extend its deadline for a tender for oils and lubricants.
Initially advertised in local newspapers with reference number SCM/18-197/G, and closing in two days’ time (Thursday, 21 June), the outcome of the tender is unlikely to satisfy municipal officials due to the prevailing strike.
The Automotive Sub-directorate of the Infrastructure and Engineering Directorate will now have to wait for Thursday, 5 July when the tender for their oils and lubricants will be closed.
In the meantime, municipal management and political leadership are working hard to deal with issues raised by municipal unions Imatu and Samwu.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- John Tallant Road Expansion Opens - 30 August 2019
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019