The Isuzu Southern Kings are pleased to have secured the services of scrumhalf Stefan Ungerer, who will join the Guinness PRO14 side at the end of the Currie Cup season from the Pumas.
The 24-year-old Ungerer rejoins the team after having previously a key figure in the Isuzu Southern Kings side that played in their final Vodacom Super Rugby season in 2017.
The scrumhalf has been one of the standout players in this year’s Currie Cup campaign, having secured a few man-of-the-match performances.
“We are pleased to have Stefan Ungerer returning to the Isuzu Southern Kings. He is a quality player who fits well into the plans we have of building a quality side that will compete in the Guinness PRO14. We look forward to welcoming him back at the end of the Currie Cup season,” Isuzu Southern Kings COO Charl Crous said.
Ungerer played for the SA Under-20 team in 2013, and he has previously represented the Sharks and Isuzu Southern Kings in Super Rugby.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019
- Living from pay cheque to pay cheque? - 15 February 2019
- How will the 2019 Budget Speech affect you? - 15 February 2019