The ANC Nelson Mandela Region takes this opportunity to thank the IEC for having set up the respective voting stations, ensured the relevant equipment was in place, staff at their posts, and ballot papers ready.
However, we regret to note that in some instances, voting stations were opened late, scanners were malfunctioning and other inefficiencies were reported by our party agents. What is particularly worrying is that these inefficiencies have predominantly been reported in voting districts where historically the ANC has enjoyed overwhelming support.
We trust that these issues have been adequately rectified and that they will not in any way retard or dilute the right of our people to vote for the party of their choice.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Missing Cape Town child reunited with family as search for missing PE boy continues – Port Elizabeth in the News - 8 December 2019
- Flying – Team Sailing League Regatta - 8 December 2019
- Which tipples are the Bearded Gin Guy’s current faves? – Port Elizabeth Business News - 8 December 2019
- PE police search for missing 7-year-old boy – Port Elizabeth in the News - 8 December 2019
- Take me Down to the Beach - 8 December 2019