Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Standing Room Only by BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog:
Ill 9 years 6 months …| Mental Deuce / Physical Deuce
I had my first op on 11 November last year to alleviate the pain in my butt and legs, and to allow me to walk.
Then followed a few weeks of respite over the Christmas / New Year holidays.
On 25 January 2016 I had the second op. All this time, for 6 weeks after no 1 and again after no 2, I have been able to lie down, stand or walk, but NO sitting.
So for three months it’s been standing room only!
Today I saw the specialist, one week earlier than expected. The last visit he said “We are not out of the woods yet!”
Today he said, “Dit lyk goed!” (It’s looking good!”)
I left his surgery with my back brace in my hand, I had my first sit in three months, and Ihad a smile on my face!
My neighbor had given me a lift to the hospital (again!). This time on his 50th birthday. Thanks Dickie for all the lifts and looking after me and for your neighborliness. It reminded me of my 50th birthday, when almost ten years ago now, I received the news that I had corticalbasal degeneration with possibly 5 years to live. And here I’m heading for ten years now. It hasn’t been easy.
It’s a pity that the CBD can’t be healed in the same manner as the back! I’m only too thankful to be able to walk again!
Read more here: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- DA saddened by the passing of NMB Chief Whip Ndoni - 21 January 2020
- The Shoprite Group fights packaging waste to build a sustainable future - 21 January 2020
- SPAR Women’s Challenge changes lives – MyPR.co.za - 21 January 2020
- Root finds right recipe as England go ahead in test series – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 January 2020
- Cricket: Rabada surprised by ban, sorry for letting team down – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 January 2020