Eskom is currently implementing Stage 2 load shedding and is expected to continue until 10pm tonight – 30 November 2018.
“Customers are reminded to treat all electrical points as live during load shedding,” said Eskom on Friday.
Stage 2 calls for 2000MW to be rotationally load shed nationally at a given period.
Load shedding is conducted rotationally as a measure of last resort to protect the power system from a total collapse or blackout.
The utility appealed to residents and business to use electricity sparingly during this period.
“Please switch off geysers as well as all non-essential lighting and electricity appliances to assist in reducing demand,” it said.
Load shedding schedules are available for Eskom customers on the Eskom website (http://loadshedding.eskom.co.za). Eskom customers can also contact the customer contact centre at 0860 037 566. – SAnews.gov.za
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020
- Water From Air Project Receives Stars of Africa Award - 23 January 2020