This follows various incidents across the University’s South and North campuses.
At South Campus, stone-carrying students entered the main Embizweni building where they intimidated staff in their offices. They also disrupted classes.
There were also reports of incidents of stone-throwing in the students’ confrontation with police.
When the group was dispersed at South Campus they broke away into smaller groups, and headed for different sectors of South Campus, further threatening and frightening staff and students.
Another group travelled through to Second Avenue Campus where they disrupted classes.
Source: NMMU News Latest News.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Give back and volunteer in the Bay – Featured Blog - 24 September 2018
- Grahamstown in the news: An examination of the Mobisam project and Grocott’s Mail : towards mobile social accountability monitoring in Grahamstown - 24 September 2018
- PE in the news: PICS: Springboks sport Madiba shirts ahead of Heritage Day - 24 September 2018
- PE Business in the news: Businesses For Sale in Port Elizabeth - 24 September 2018
- Makhanda in the news: Angifi Proctor Dladla - 23 September 2018