This follows various incidents across the University’s South and North campuses.
At South Campus, stone-carrying students entered the main Embizweni building where they intimidated staff in their offices. They also disrupted classes.
There were also reports of incidents of stone-throwing in the students’ confrontation with police.
When the group was dispersed at South Campus they broke away into smaller groups, and headed for different sectors of South Campus, further threatening and frightening staff and students.
Another group travelled through to Second Avenue Campus where they disrupted classes.
Source: NMMU News Latest News.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bay homeless enjoy sit-down meal on Mandela Day – MyPR.co.za - 19 July 2018
- Clickalytic – Website Design & Digitial Marketing - 19 July 2018
- Madiba’s Centenary Celebrations in the Bay – Featured Blog - 18 July 2018
- The Real Power Behind Successful Addiction Treatment – MyPR.co.za - 18 July 2018
- Aactivists embody the spirit of Madiba on Mandela Day - 18 July 2018