During MPAC’s interrogation of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Annual Report, the Committee expressed great concern in the performance of the Mandela Bay Development Agency (MBDA) in the achievement of its Key Performance Indicators for the 2017/2018 financial year. One area of this was the management of the NMB Stadium, where indications of a poor governance environment was identified. This was evidenced by a lack of policies and procedures being implemented.
On Friday 17 May 2019 the Municipal Public Accounts Committee (MPAC) Chairperson, Cllr Phumza Tshanga, and Committee will conduct an Oversight Visit to the Nelson Mandela Bay (NMB) Stadium.
The visit will include the following:
- A brief overview of the Stadium and information on its performance over the past year
- A guided tour of the NMB Stadium and facilities.
- A round table discussion with the Stadium Management and MBDA Executive Management Team on the following:
- Stadium Project: Green Hub project – background and progress to date
- Stadium Project: Sports Museum – background and progress against timelines (reasons for delays, if any, are to be provided)
- 5 year plan – brief explanation and a copy of plan to be provided
- Future developments– discussion on potential attractions such as Big Swing or Bungee jump
- Closure of Food and Beverage division – has this had the desired impact?
- Operational Focus: Strategic Partnerships – update on progress to date and plans for this upcoming year (breakdown of key identified targets)
- Governance issue – policies and procedures at Stadium
- A listing of all polices to be provided and their dates of last update
- Plans to address the governance concerns raised by the Audit Committee
- Any areas of concern noted during the tour
- Any other items as may be raised by the Stadium or MBDA Management or the MPAC.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Water Shut Off Due To Maintenance Work - 10 July 2019
- On the Non Collection of Refuse - 5 July 2019
- Let me know what challenges you face - 4 July 2019
- Staying ahead of the curve to address community issues a must – Mayor Bobani - 2 July 2019
- Parts of Summerstrand and Humewood Could be Without Water - 26 June 2019