It is with pleasure to invite you to SS Mendi exhibition launch. The exhibition memorializes the more than 600 Black South African men who perished when their ship was struck by SS Darro in 1917. The men volunteered to assist Britain against the Germans during the Great War (1914-1918). The launched will be accompanied by a performance “Sabamnye no SS Mendi” directed by Mandla Mbothwe.
Date: 7 December 2017
Venue: Bayworld Museum
Source: Port Elizabeth – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: England beat Pakistan in 5th ODI, win series 4-0 - 19 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Ernst Middendorp has made things worse at Kaizer Chiefs – Patrick Mayo - 19 May 2019
- Bhisho News: Peelton, a village with British history - 19 May 2019
- PE Business News: What’s in City Press business: BBC’s hopes for Ramaphosa; Green fund could save Eskom; Conservationists oppose Algoa Bay bunkering; - 19 May 2019
- Uitenhage News: ANC struggle stalwart Thobile Mhlahlo dies - 19 May 2019