It is with pleasure to invite you to SS Mendi exhibition launch. The exhibition memorializes the more than 600 Black South African men who perished when their ship was struck by SS Darro in 1917. The men volunteered to assist Britain against the Germans during the Great War (1914-1918). The launched will be accompanied by a performance “Sabamnye no SS Mendi” directed by Mandla Mbothwe.
Date: 7 December 2017
Venue: Bayworld Museum
Source: Port Elizabeth – MyPR.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha news: Revellers run amok after music concert flops in Eastern Cape - 18 December 2017
- Critical reflections on Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium - 18 December 2017
- Bhisho news: Girl who escaped death home - 18 December 2017
- Grahamstown in the news: Weather Update: Heavy rain in the east, gale force winds in the west - 18 December 2017
- J-Bay in the news: Wind farms can be deadly - 18 December 2017