Residents of Richmond Hill have been handed a petition to “vote” to have the “Hill” declared as a Special Rates Area. This letter does not comply with municipal requirements. It is vague and does not inform residents of the procedure to vote against the proposal as is required by the municipal bylaws.
The draft proposal and Business plan are said to be available according to the one-sided letter. This however is not as simple as it seems. The contact person at the municipality who is named in the letter has no knowledge of the proposal and nothing to do with it.
After eventually getting a copy of the draft policy and business plan I am not at all surprised to see that they also do not meet municipal requirements.
The residents of Richmond Hill are being bamboozled into voting for a SRA Declaration without knowing what they are voting for. The policy and business plan conveniently do not contain all the information required, neither is the correct procedure according to the bylaws being followed.
This smacks of another money making scheme by an unscrupulous few wanting to make money from people whom are being kept in the dark. I urge all Richmond Hill residents to refrain from voting until the draft and business plan are ammended as per municipal requirements and the application also revised to comply with same laws.
Please read carefully, you will be liable for an increase in your rates if accepted. What will you get in return? A richer clique in the neighbourhood?
Concerned Hill resident
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- First witness testifies in Omotoso retrial – Port Elizabeth in the News - 25 February 2020
- Coega creates 280 jobs from construction of facility in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 24 February 2020
- Uitenhage News: Not safe to go to the toilet - 24 February 2020
- Timothy Omotoso: Human trafficking trial against televangelist continues – Port Elizabeth in the News - 24 February 2020
- Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium Roof Segment Construction - 24 February 2020