At events at Shoprite Greenacres, Port Elizabeth and its head office, Sovereign Foods, handed over cheques to Pink Drive, following its Don’t be Chicken, Check Them campaign which ran during October.
Eastern Cape shoppers at Spar and Shoprite contributed R62,000 to the success of the Don’t be Chicken, Check Them campaign and witnessed Gerald Walter, Head of Commercial of Sovereign Foods hand over the cheque to a local PinkDrive representative, Elsabé Gerber.
R2 per pack of Country Fresh chicken breasts sold in October has gone to PinkDrive to continue its work in promoting breast cancer awareness in South Africa.
“There’s value in goodness, and that’s what Sovereign Foods is all about,” remarks Walter. “We aim to care, make a difference and make a real impact on people, lives and business; and this is one way for us to give back.”
Don’t be Chicken, Check Them
Running in-store with point of sale touch-points, in selected stores, customers who purchase Country Range fresh chicken breasts receive a pink ribbon and a thank you card at the till. Supported by a digital campaign and radio promotion Don’t be Chicken, Check Them ran throughout October in Spar and Shoprite outlets in the Eastern Cape, and in Gauteng Food Lover’s Markets.
Three cheques are to be handed over (R60,000, R2,000 and R125,000) to PinkDrive to reflect the individual store groups’ successes and how Sovereign Foods’ customers are benefitting South African men and women. “All donations PinkDrive receives goes towards our work to improve breast cancer awareness,” adds Fébé Meyer, PinkDrive Marketing Manager. “Too many are dying from breast cancer and when detected early and treated appropriately many go on to live full, vibrant lives.”
Author: Kimberley Clare Nanson
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Not keen to fly? Here’s how to get to Port Elizabeth from Joburg – Port Elizabeth in the News - 8 December 2019
- Mystery Limpopo outfit gets multi-million rand Lottery contract for old age home in Mpumalanga – News from GroundUp - 7 December 2019
- Bobani to challenge ousting in court – Port Elizabeth Business News - 7 December 2019
- The writing is on the wall for Eskom and our economy - 7 December 2019
- Former Boks boss to help Kings – Port Elizabeth in the News - 7 December 2019