Southern Kings coach Deon Davids named his team today for their Super Rugby encounter against the Sunwolves in Port Elizabeth on Saturday.
Saturday’s game is probably the only chance that these two bottom of the log teams will get to win a game in Super Rugby. Davids and Captain Steven Sykes are betting on a home crowd to carry them through to getting some vital points to lift them above the Sunwolves and give the team a vital boost.
Davids has made two changes to his starting XV from the one which went down 42-20 to the Hurricanes in Wellington last weekend.
In the backline, Siyanda Grey starts at right wing in place of Luzuko Vulindlu, who is out with concussion.
Up front, Aidon Davis replaces Jacques Engelbrecht at No 8.
Saturday’s clash at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium is scheduled for 17:05.
- Southern Kings: 15 Jurgen Visser, 14 Siyanda Grey, 13 Stefan Watermeyer, 12 Shane Gates, 11 Malcolm Jaer, 10 Louis Fouche, 9 Ntando Kebe, 8 Aidon Davis, 7 Stefan Willemse, 6 CJ Velleman, 5 JC Astle, 4 Steven Sykes (captain), 3 Jacobie Adriaanse, 2 Edgar Marutlulle, 1 Sti Sithole
- Substitutes: 16 Martin Ferreira, 17 Schalk Ferreira, 18 Tom Botha, 19 Schalk Oelofse, 20 Chris Cloete, 21 Kevin Luiters, 22 Elgar Watts, 23 Jaco van Tonder
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 24 February’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage NONE - 24 February 2020
- Birds, Sardines, Predators, Money for the Bay - 24 February 2020
- Patient evacuation off ship - 24 February 2020
- #12 Jordan Koekemoer gets a bit of love - 24 February 2020
- #RugbyThatRocks #MadibazThatDisappoint - 23 February 2020