Today we focus on South Africa through a TED talk by Rachel Sussman. TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues. Independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world.
Port Elizabeth’s local TEDx chapter is to be found here: www.TEDxPortElizabeth.org.za.
In this talk Rachel Sussman highlights an “underground forest” in South Africa that has lived since before the dawn of agriculture along with the Sagole Baobab in the Limpopo Province which is around 2 000 years old.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 31-year-old woman found dead with stab wounds - 17 September 2019
- Ferrari For the Kids - 17 September 2019
- Free Entry for SA Citizens More Than Doubles - 17 September 2019
- Rugby Test in Despatch - 17 September 2019
- VWSA commended for performance, systems and continuous improvement - 17 September 2019