Are you developing a technology that can advance the electric mobility industry in South Africa, held back only by the right funding? You can unlock up to R1 Million in funding!
If you have the right strategic focus areas and technology readiness level, applying for uYilo Kick Start Funding could help your project get to market.
Grant funding exists to support electric mobility related projects for applied research and development for individual projects and collaborative projects (for which 50:50 co-funding is required).
The funding call is open to all participants within the eMobility innovation value chain with priority given to projects that:
- have established applied research and development in uYilo’s strategic focus areas: Energy Storage Technologies; Electric Vehicle Systems; Charging Infrastructure within Smart-Grids; Connected Car, and/or
- industry projects that will lead to local manufacturing of a product or service, or support public transportation.
uYilo Kick Start Fund Project Beneficiaries to date include,
- QBSoft (EVBackoffice) – Electric Vehicle Charge Point Back Office System
- Battery Power Industries – 18650 Cylindrical cell battery pack module
- Ubun2Tech – Four-wheel RE-Link1 Electric Trailer
- IET Solar – Electro-Mobility and Residential Storage Integration
- Intelligent Machines – Induction Motors and controllers for Kinetic Energy Recovery
- Microcare – 50kW Three-Phase DC EV Fast Charger
- PowerMote – Project 4×4 utility vehicle
- Stellenbosch University – Intelligent Battery Management System, Charger, Drive System
- MLT Inverters – Upgrade of Karoo70 for second life EV battery applications
- EWIZZ – Development of core EV management system, unit, cloud
- University of Western Cape – Lithium-ion Mining Vehicle Battery Pack
- PowerMote – Utility vehicle motor and controller
- GridCars – OCPP Charge Point and Server
All supporting information and documentation is available on the uYilo website funding call www.uyilo.org.za/uYilo-Kick-Start-Fund
APPLICATION DEADLINE SUBMISSIONS is Friday 15 November 2019 at 12:00 midday
You can help the quiet revolution along by installing an EV Charging station outside your Guest House, Hotel, Coffee Shop, Restaurant, Shopping Centre or in your forecourt. Contact Straton Electrical for EV Charging Station options.
Tell MyPE your sentiments around Electric Vehicles:
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why Eskom’s System Remains Vulnerable - 12 November 2019
- Eskom system remains vulnerable - 12 November 2019
- 15% Increase in 2019 Black Friday transactions expected - 12 November 2019
- Don’t Assume - 12 November 2019
- Siya Kolisi thanks South Africa for “unbelievable support” on Trophy Tour - 11 November 2019