The non-profit South Africa National Peace Project (SANPP) launched in Port Elizabeth on 16 July 2010 (www.sapeaceproject.co.za) has partnered with international Teachers Without Borders (TWB) and received endorsement from the Department of Education to roll out Peace Education in schools. The first group of 35 teachers were trained from 23-25 August 2011.
An international online funding initiative was launched last week to sponsor similar workshops, following the success we had with the first Workshop. International Peace Day is celebrated on 21 September and learners in PE schools are looking for donations in kind such as paint, paintbrushes, tables and chairs for a Peace Corner in their classrooms etc.
The SANPP also sells its own product, a Peace Kit. We are looking for sponsors to make it able to donate peace Kits to learners, and the Kit consist of a T-shirt, Cap, bandanna, flag and wristband. These products can be seen on the SANPP website.
Cell 0836305636 or 041 – 487 0473/4
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Proteas: Their schoolboy error in PE – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 January 2020
- Uitenhage News: Nelson Mandela Bay ANC chief whip Bicks Ndoni dies in meeting - 20 January 2020
- Young and vibrant England team could be at the start of something special after South Africa win – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 January 2020
- I Lean – Team Sailing League Regatta - 20 January 2020
- Money from Lottery goes to cousin of National Lotteries Commission boss – News from GroundUp - 20 January 2020