The image below is courtesy of Gerhard Burger – taken on 27 April whilst the Hobie 16’s waited for wind to start their 2018 National Championships on Hobie Beach, Port Elizabeth.
Meanwhile, the entrants in the Vasco Da Gama Ocean Race from Durban to Port Elizabeth that started on the same day were battling against 30 knot headwinds and high seas that saw only 2 of the 8 starters complete the race, 1 dismasting, 1 main sail shredded, numerous small breakages, most sailors sea sick and 5 yachts seeking shelter in East London. A wild ride down the Wild Coast in South Africa’s toughest Ocean Race to date.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Learners exposed to different career paths - 17 May 2019
- Winning streak for EP Cricket - 16 May 2019
- Lindiwe Cezula wins international award to get girls moving - 16 May 2019
- Two Fraudulent Doctors Arrested in Nelson Mandela Bay - 16 May 2019
- Unique International Museum Day Offering - 16 May 2019