The image below is courtesy of Gerhard Burger – taken on 27 April whilst the Hobie 16’s waited for wind to start their 2018 National Championships on Hobie Beach, Port Elizabeth.
Meanwhile, the entrants in the Vasco Da Gama Ocean Race from Durban to Port Elizabeth that started on the same day were battling against 30 knot headwinds and high seas that saw only 2 of the 8 starters complete the race, 1 dismasting, 1 main sail shredded, numerous small breakages, most sailors sea sick and 5 yachts seeking shelter in East London. A wild ride down the Wild Coast in South Africa’s toughest Ocean Race to date.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- If you said THIS about Eskom then you were right…. - 19 March 2019
- Electricity Day Zero looming - 19 March 2019
- 400 Km/h and 0-100 in 1.9 Seconds and it is a …… - 19 March 2019
- Is five percent economic growth possible? - 18 March 2019
- Mobility of the Future - 18 March 2019