Let’s explain a Municipality in a nutshell:
- Many years ago people began to congregate together
- Each person provided for their own food, water, transport, sanitation etc.
- More people came along to live in the area
- The area became a village
- People realised that the village would benefit from shared services
- A group of villagers volunteered to build the shared services
- The village got bigger and people were permanently employed to administer and maintain the shared services
- The villagers needed people to watch and communicate their collective needs and concerns to the ‘administrators and maintainers’ of the shared services
- And so politicians were born – voted in by the people to watch over the basic services provided to the village to ensure that the village stayed prosperous and attractive
- Initially these politicians were people of influence in their community who volunteered their services – today they are highly paid professionals.
Nowadays some of the beasts called politicians actually forget that they they have been placed in positions of trust by a community and need to SERVE them first – choosing rather to ascribe to the dictates of their political party only.