This image referencing ‘Port Elizabeth’ is courtesy of Flickr. Click on the name of the Flickr account holder below the photograph to see more images.
slip the surly bonds
Image by max_thinks_sees
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds…and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of…wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up, the long, delirious burning blue
I’ve topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, nor even eagle flew.
And while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space…
…put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
by John Gillespie Magee, Jr.
This image is automatically selected as it was published with this keyword/s relevant to Port Elizabeth: Port Elizabeth. Please – CLICK HERE to report any ‘offensive’ images. Don’t forget to support and thank the photographer.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Rain delays play at start of fourth test – Port Elizabeth in the News - 25 January 2020
- Train commuters protest after being told to move to second-class carriage – News from GroundUp - 24 January 2020
- ‘Black January’: Yet more job losses as Aspen confirms EC retrenchments – Port Elizabeth Business News - 24 January 2020
- ‘Head down, chin up’: Kagiso Rabada to support South Africa against England from stands – Port Elizabeth in the News - 24 January 2020
- Woodlands Dairy first to use closure made from Bio-based material - 24 January 2020