Atlas Security armed response officers were on patrol in Admiralty Drive, in the early hours of 1 March, when they were signalled by members of the public who had been robbed of their possessions. Back-up and the SAPS were called to the area where the suspects were last seen.
Atlas Security armed response officers found the vehicle containing the suspects and arrested all 6 occupants. The stolen possessions were recovered. The vehicle they were driving and the suspects have been handed over to the SAPS.
“We believe these sorts of arrests is due to the active show of force by Atlas”, remarks Monty Montgomery, Atlas Security, operations manager. At this stage, it is suspected that the 6 men are part of a gang.
The fleet of Atlas Security vehicles are suburb-based, and dispatched on demand from a state-of-the-art Port Elizabeth-based control room, to get boots on the ground as quick as possible to locate, chase and arrest criminals as efficiently as possible.
Vigilant patrolling and the resources to send multiple patrols when situations require it, put Atlas Security at the forefront of the fight against crime.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Search for missing child in Swartkops River - 15 September 2019
- Oil Tanker Crewman Uplifted - 15 September 2019
- Submit your NSFAS 2020 application now - 15 September 2019
- How can Cassper Nyovest ask for R50 000 for ONE tag? #LocalsShareTheBay - 15 September 2019
- Local teams raring to go as Guinness PRO14 season approaches - 13 September 2019