The following invite recently crossed my desk and I must admit feeling quite disturbed at what has been described as it’s racist tone.
Workplace Readiness Programme Presentation
All South African black students currently completing their Bxxx degrees (must be in 3rd year in 2014 or graduating) with Gxxxxxx Axxxxxxxxx or Axxxxxxxxx for Honours, are invited to attend the presentation.
About the programme:
- Includes technical skills (such as Pastel and tax).
- Focusses mainly on soft skills which are regarded as important by employers.
- Will run full time in East London, permitting there are a sufficient number of applications. Else, training will take place in Port Elizabeth.
- Will conclude with a three month internship later in 2014.
Participants will receive stipends to cover travel costs during the programme and a basic salary during the three month internship!
Surely the non black students who received this invite and do not qualify as a result of their Coloured, Indian or White hue must now be considering membership of the more radical right wing groupings?
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Repairs Completed Ahead of Schedule - 26 March 2019
- Required Reading for Cape Town People - 26 March 2019
- Garden Court Relaunch - 26 March 2019
- Consumers cautioned against sacrificing insurance to offset looming financial pinch - 26 March 2019
- There’s an energy revolution happening in villages and towns across Africa - 26 March 2019