A star-studded line-up of homegrown artists including South African chart topping Mi Casa and internationally acclaimed Bucie will perform live in concert alongside several international megastars at the inaugural M Bay Megafest at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium on Saturday 2 June, 2012.
The bill features no less than four international megastars namely Shaggy, Neyo, Ludacris and Protoje, in possibly the most high profile concert yet hosted in the region.
The South Africa music industry is represented by a cross spectrum of artists and genres.
Joining Mi Casa and Bucie on the line-up are Zakes Bantwini, Eltonnik & NAAK.
Confirming the impressive line-up at a media briefing organisers, Zeranza, said the M Bay Megafest will be sold out with up to 50 000 fans expected to snap up tickets through Computicket at the impressive stadium, affectionately known as the “Sunflower”, built for the FIFA 2010 Soccer World Cup.
“We feel confident that this is one of the most exciting line-up of artists ever secured for a single-day concert in the region,” Zeranza and festival director CEO Andrew Wessels said.
“All contracts have been signed and arrangements are now in place for the appearance of the international artists, as well as local performers. “We are extremely excited to be hosting an event with performers of this magnitude in Nelson Mandela Bay and we’re confident the success of the first event will leave guests counting down the days until the next show.”
Reaction from Protojoe’s Manager:
More about the artists:
- Mi Casa: A new, fresh band with unique individuals who bring explosive talent together to create an original sound is currently nominated for a South African music award for their album “these streets”. The band members Dr Duda; J-something & Mo-T blend their musical talent to create a soulful sound which incorporates soulful vocals, the guitar, keys and trumpet.
- Zakes Bantwini: The Durban-based music mogul describes his music as Sophisticated Dance Music – a Cosmopolitan lifestyle that talks about different lifestyles. Zakes Bantwini is one of the people who introduced what is today known as Durban Kwaito Music (DKM). The genre is a mixture of house beats blended with kwaito lyrics, something that has never been offered to the kwaito fanatics in the past.
- Eltonnick: Nicky Elton Zama Masheke aka Eltonnick is a young talented DJ/Producer/Remixer born in North West but grew up in Orange Farm (Johannesburg). He is undoubtedly one of the rising stars in the South African House community. In 2008, he was signed under Baainar records as an artist/producer. “Salt and Water” was his first song to be released under Baainar Records in 2009. It was released digitally. “Simple Twist” can be heard on a lot of radio stations and dance floors across South Africa, “Baainar Theme remix” is one of the biggest songs that Eltonnick has done thus far, it was released under a lot of CD compilations in 2010 incl Dj Miggs, Euphonik and many more.
- Bucie: In the very words of Bucie’s recording label owner and producer,who signed her based on a combination of things, “It was a combination of talent, amazing vocal ability and personality. From that I could just see a superstar,” he enthuses. “It’s rare to find an artist who encompasses all these qualities.” “It’s rare to find an artist who encompasses all these qualities.” He said.
- Naak: NaakMusiQ is a Port Elizabeth born multi- talented entertainer. In 2009 he enrolled to study contemporary music at Damelin under the tutorship of Benjy Mudie and RJ Benjamin. Gifted vocally, NaakMusiQ has lent his voice to music works for Soulcandi released album by Tokzen,’Sound Mzansi vs. International’ on the “track Brown Eyes” produced by stable mate La Shad and also features on ‘House of Flava 2 ‘mixed by Mo Flava. In the relatively short space of time he’s been in music he’s had the privilege of performing alongside Dj Fresh and Euphonik, Lunga the Sid, Lulo Cafe, Mo Flava. His talent behind the camera has landed him a spot as one of the new cast members on South Africa’s longest running and ever popular soapie Generations!
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Meanwhile, in Stanford Road THIS is happening - 20 July 2018
- Tickets for Springboks vs Australia in Port Elizabeth - 20 July 2018
- SETA’s robbing the youth of the opportunity to participate in our economy - 20 July 2018
- SANRAL: We are more than just the e-toll guys - 19 July 2018
- Repo rate unchanged at 6.5% - 19 July 2018