So this e-mail lands in my inbox. It is from my old head boy and just like in the Prefects Room he is asking us to do stuff for him again. This time it involves a relatively good cause and the Longhair’s future ex-drums teacher, Gino Fabbri, so I cannot say no.
The gist of the plea from “Not So Young Anymore”, Michael Jarvis goes as follows:
“Elsen Academy is holding its annual golf day at the PE Club on Tuesday, 21 August 2012. This is the central fundraising event of our calendar for the small, niche school that caters for young children who struggle with mainstream education, needing extensive professional staffing and equipment. The school does not survive on its fees alone, and is utterly dependent each year on the energy and success of the few funding exercises we promote.
Last year was a roaring success and Gino Fabbri has agreed to do his thing again this year, making the prizegiving a complete show, not to mention his fourball. And of course there’s me, battling to bring my score below 100…. And Gary Paul (who will play this year) ringing at single figures already… And Sean Billson (who will play this year), who thanks to Distell, may not make the first nine… And Mark Jones (who will play this year), touching scratch… And Derek Pugh (who will play this year), who is yet to recognise the difference between a club and a rifle… (Derek, you may be able to hit something with a club!).
I would be delighted if the unhappily growing so-called Boep Club could provide a plethora of insanely incompetent chaps to swing their clubs for an excellent cause. There are also a number of serious golfers for the fourball betterball, so don’t feel left out just because you know how to play…
Not to mention a social chat and a drink after the longest day gets in.”
Your support in any of the following ways will help us raise much needed funds for our children:
Enter a team – A R1000 per four ball team entry includes green fees for all four players and snacks at the Prize Giving Ceremony at 19h00. Halfway and caddies for players’ own account.
Sponsor a Tee or Green – This secures on course advertising space and a prime tee-off time, should you also wish to enter a four ball team.
- Short hole tee’s (2, 5, 14 & 17): R600 each (R300 if sponsor puts up table for refreshments for players)
- Short hole greens (2, 5, 14 & 17): R450 each
- Premium tee’s (1, 10, 12): R600 each
- Premium greens (9, 11 & 18): R600 each
- Chipping green & putting green: R500 each
- Standard tee’s & greens: R300 each
- Tee’s (3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18)
- Greens (1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16)
- Contribute prizes (Set of four please) – This entitles you to position on our list of sponsors display.
- Contribute auction prizes – Your name or company will be acknowledged by Gino Fabbri at the prize giving ceremony.
We look forward to meeting new colleagues in 2012, and to renewing acquaintances from last year!
For further information please contact Elsen Academy PTA Administrator Kathy Roppel at 079 085 9841.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019
- Living from pay cheque to pay cheque? - 15 February 2019
- How will the 2019 Budget Speech affect you? - 15 February 2019